Immigration Services

Davis Immigration Law Office practices mainly in the area of Canadian immigration for all backgrounds and cultures and also assists Canadians with entry for business and personal reasons into the United States of America.

Law Icon
Canadian Immigration


  • Visitor – if you want to be a visitor then you must apply for this document
  • Student – in order to attend an educational institution you must obtain a study permit
  • Worker – you must obtain a work permit in order to be able to work at a job


  • There are currently PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS available in all Provinces. Quebec of course has its own immigration program.
  • If you are a high skilled or low skilled worker, or you have at least four years of business management or ownership experience you ought to consider the various options available within the mandates provided by the many PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS. You can visit at our website each of these programs if you press the link entitled: LIVING IN CANADA and go to LIST OF IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS OFFERED BY EACH PROVINCE IN CANADA.
  • If you are a business, learn more about hiring foreign workers in Canada.


  • While in University or College
  • After graduating from University or College
  • After visiting Canada
  • Sometimes you need Service Canada approval and others you can obtain exemptions from this requirement
  • While PNP is being processed
  • Some you can obtain at a Port of Entry in Canada and others you can obtain at a Canadian Consulate Office outside of Canada.


  • Basic requirement is business management experience of at least three years
  • Under PNP of a Province – minimum net worth is much lower than federal requirements
  • Federal Entrepreneur – need minimum net worth of at least $300,000.00CAD
  • Investor – federal or Quebec. The federal or Quebec investor options are particularly beneficial for those class of persons who have a net worth in excess of $800,000CAD and who possess significant management or ownership work experience.


  • We assist persons with obtaining the above – many exceptions to physical presence in Canada exist so it is possible to obtain this document even if outside of Canada for a few years


  • Sponsoring a spouse, common law or conjugal partner including same sex partners
  • Sponsoring children both adopted and biological, grandparents, parents
  • Citizenship for children of Canadian parents born outside
  • Citizenship applications for persons who meet physical presence rules under current law


  • Abroad, or,
  • Inland at a port of entry


  • Available to all persons
  • Very useful if in Canada and do not fit into any provincial nominee category
  • Very useful even if already applying for pre removal risk assessment


  • Applying for TEMPORARY RESIDENT PERMITS to overcome criminal or other type of inadmissibility
  • Applying for REHABILITATION – this is sometimes available at ports of entry but more often than not available at Visa Offices outside of Canada
  • Assisting persons in a serious relationship with a Canadian citizen who are seeking temporary resident visas to visit with their family member in Canada at ports of entry
Law Icon
US Immigration & Citizenship Services


  • K1 visa – for fiancé sponsorships but then must marry applicant within 90 days or arrival in USA
  • K3 visa – for parties already married; can obtain ability to re-enter USA multiple times
  • Spousal sponsorship with I-130 form from outside USA for green card status


  • H1B visa for temporary workers for a maximum length of 7 years
  • H2B visas for farm workers or other type of labour in high demand
  • L1A or L1B visas for intercompany transfers to maximum length of 7years of 5 years respectively
  • TN Visas under NAFTA – business visitors or professional categories
  • E visas – very useful for persons who are making a substantial investment into a new business
  • O and P visas for Athletes and Entertainers
  • R visas for religious personnel
  • B visas for business or pleasure purpose visitors
  • It is possible to adjust your status from any of the above temporary visas to a green card if family member or business company sponsor you.
  • If Canadian citizen it is also possible to obtain your green card through consular processing at the Consulate located in Montreal , Quebec


  • Naturalization applications
  • Derivative applications depending on parentage
  • Applying for US passports at embassy abroad


  • Applying for advance parole and waiver of criminal inadmissibility
  • Applying for certain work permits at land borders or pre-flight inspection if a Canadian citizen.
Paper Icon
Assessment Questionnaire

We have taken the opportunity to prepare a detailed questionnaire which requests information about your background. It is very important to provide our office with a complete set of answers. We use this information to make an informed decision regarding the best possible route for you to be able to immigrate to Canada.

If you are a Canadian citizen and seeking our advice on how best to enter USA for business or pleasure purposes then we ask that you please complete this questionnaire. The questions may be geared towards immigrating to Canada but the Department of Homeland Security requires the same information concerning your background in terms of education and work experience. Please pay particular attention to these questions and provide us with as much detail as possible.

Download the Assessment PDF
Download Assessment Form – En español

Please download the pdf form to your computer.
Please print the document and then complete with black pen and fax to our office at 1-204-975-1655.

Requires Acrobat Reader. Get it here.

Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligibility

There are a number of criteria that must be met in order for your application to be eligible for processing. Please review the following list of criteria to make sure your application is eligible:

  • Have an offer of arranged employment, OR
  • Be a foreign national living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
  • Be a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the following occupations:
0111: Financial Managers
0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
0311: Managers in Health Care
0631: Restaurant and Food Service Managers
0632: Accommodation Service Managers
0711: Construction Managers
1111: Financial Auditors and Accountants
2113: Geologists, Geochemists and Geophysicists
2143: Mining Engineers
2144: Geological Engineers
2145: Petroleum Engineers
3111: Specialist Physicians
3112: General Practitioners and Family Physicians
3141: Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists
3143: Occupational Therapists
3142: Physiotherapists
3151: Head Nurses and Supervisors
3152: Registered Nurses
3215: Medical Radiation Technologists
3233: Licensed Practical Nurses


4121: University Professors
4131: College and Other Vocational Instructors
6241: Chefs
6242: Cooks
7213: Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades
7215: Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
7217: Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews
7241: Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System)
7242: Industrial Electricians
7251: Plumbers
7252: Steamfitters, Pipe fitters and Sprinkler System Installers
7265: Welders and Related Machine Operators
7312: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
7371: Crane Operators
7372: Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction
8221: Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying
8222: Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service
9212: Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities


Get in touch with us

For more information or to speak to a professional about immigrating to the U.S., contact us at 204-817-0198 or fill out a request for information.